View Single Post
Old 2013.11.12, 03:48 PM   #169
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Ukina is so much fun to listen to as a whole. Truly far more "Variety" than anything released before. Listening through though, I gotta pick Between Today and Tomorrow (which I hope will finally get the attention it deserves- at least after the Nakata hype dies down) and Kira Bushi as my favorites. Those are totally outstanding.

Mitsugetsu Shou on the other hand, is also a very enjoyable listen, much more so than Tokyo Collection was. The audio quality is pretty great on the tracks and it sounds like the mix is different to the DVD rips in a lot of occasions. The NHK songs in particular are the clearest I've ever heard them and this has to be the definitive version of Ariamaru Tomi, so damn gorgeous.

Too early to add a numeric score to them, perhaps too hard, because there are so many classics on these compilations that my opinion will only be biased by nostalgia. Still, a lot to enjoy here, for all fans, old and nu. Sure I've heard all of it before, but it still somehow manages to sound fresh and well, damn exciting.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.11.12 at 03:53 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote