View Single Post
Old 2013.12.10, 03:49 PM   #280
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Just watched the RingoExpo08 Blu-ray.

Well......

The picture was nice. No color-bleeding like in the other Blu-rays, lots of good detail in the clothing, good black-white contrast.

The sound, not so good. This had a lot to do with the show itself. With so many instruments crowding the soundscape, I had to strain sometimes to hear Ringo's voice. Which is a shame, because she is clearly into the concert. She gives her all to Koko de kisu shite, Gips, and Yume no ato, and only when they mix her voice louder than the instruments could you really tell.

By far my favorite part was, as before, the section where she goes from Suberidai (one of my favorite songs of hers, that maybe doesn't get enough love around here?) to Yokushitsu to Oiran (a weird track to stick in there) to a great version of Tsumi to batsu that admittedly sounds like it should be the theme song to a Bond movie.

But who am I kidding?

Who am I kidding?

We all know what this show is all about.

It
is
all
about

The Onion Happy Song.

I enjoyed the show as before, but I can't really say I felt a huge sense of revelation that the other Blu-rays gave me. I know everyone says this is the only Blu-ray that has 1080p and therefore the only one worth purchasing, but so far I'd take ANY OTHER previous concert Blu-ray over this one.

I can take the revolving stage. I can take the contortionist chorus girls. I can take Junpei's prancing about. I can even take Saito Neko clapping his hands during Blackout. But I can't take a sound mix where Ringo's voice is drowned out.

Now I'm seriously looking forward to Ringohan, up next.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote