View Single Post
Old 2007.06.12, 03:27 PM   #493
redstuff

redstuff pleased at least somebody

I don't always check this thread so I didn't know that someone replied when I posted that Jaurim performance. Anyway, that's not a cover song, it's one of their original works (though they did release a cover album I believe). And I have to say, those are probably the *best* English lyrics I've personally heard from an Asian artist. Especially in terms of grammar. Just look at the following line -

"I don't know what to believe in, whom to rely on"

She even uses the object form of "WHO"! That's just awesome.

Jaurim has been active since uh...1997 I believe. They broke up after the release of their fourth album but it didn't last long; they reunited like a year or two later, and are still doing stuff today. Kim Yuna, the lead singer, has also done some solo albums. Some of their work is more lighthearted/pop-ish, but they also have a lot of darker stuff like that song I posted. I only got into them recently but I love their music.

Here's another song that's really good, this time in PV form. I wouldn't know how to translate the title myself since my Korean sucks, but I usually see it translated as "Broken Flower" or "Falling Flower" or something along those lines.

Jaurim - Nakhwa
redstuff is offline   Reply With Quote