Thread: Charisma.com
View Single Post
Old 2014.06.07, 12:21 PM   #1
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer
Default Charisma.com

Overheard them when DG mentioned them in the Currently Listening thread I believe, so I decided to check them out and also saw they just came out with their first LP DIStopping. Literally listened to it three times today. Incredibly infectious and not a single bad song on the record. I'm suspecting this will make it in my top albums of 2014, but it's still early so we'll see.

The best part about this female electronic hip hop duo is watching their videos. Just imagine two tiny Japanese girls in frumpy clothing with confidence and attitude spouting rap at you behind electro beats. It's too hilarious and awesome. I'm a fan from here on.

A few highlights from the album for me:
Mr.Beer - This might be my jam for the Summer. Has 90's hip hop vibes and it's really chill with a good mood.
イイナヅケブルー - I think this is the single from the record. I'll post the video below. So catchy and with plenty of the attitude I mentioned above.
スーパーガール - Based on their videos I watched I didn't expect this sound - It has a more laid back vibe with more sung vocals and a dance-y chorus. Love it.
No Datte -Not much to say here, but I really enjoyed it.
ジェンガジェンガ - Has more of the in-your-face, aggressive sound from the single, but introduces a Middle Eastern/Arabic beat during the verses. Really cool.

The rest of the album follows similar patterns; alternating between the more aggressive songs, and the more laid back. It works well and I'm looking forward to hearing more from this duo in the future. Right now they've set on a good path.

イイナヅケブルー
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote