View Single Post
Old 2014.11.23, 02:30 AM   #2
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm not going to turn this post into a list of every rare thing I ever bought. I've got lots of rare things, but can't clearly remember all the prices or exactly when I bought them (there's far too many to recall), and the deals I got on most items were.. okay. The emails I received from the deputy service at the time of each transaction, only list the auction numbers, and never describe the items. My eBay emails were a much more helpful reference after all this time.

---------------------------------------

2006 tales (start)
The first SR/TJ DVD I ever bought was Electric Mole Limited Edition on New Years, from eBay in sealed condition for around $62 USD (that includes shipping).

Late January, I bought a Taiwan knock-off of Dynamite Out from eBay; which was allegedly "first-press". It only cost me $16, so I can't really complain. I never opened it, and think I still have it somewhere.

Late March, when PE'Z was touring in the US, I got HZM to autograph my copy of Electric Mole, in gold ink.

In June, I got a genuine first-press sealed copy of Dynamite Out from eBay, for $50 (and that includes shipping).
2006 tales (end)

I gradually acquired sealed first-press non-sample copies of Rockin' Luuula (with the slipcases) for less than face value via a deputy service, years after the fact. Then during a half-year stretch when there weren't anymore first-press up for auction in any condition, MO'SOME TONEBENDER toured the US. So I brought a copy to the venue, unsealed it in front of them, and had the whole band autograph it with a red ink pen.

When there was an issue of TIMEasia which featured Shiina Ringo, there were also postcards which have the front cover of that issue on them. There were fierce bidding wars on a couple different auctions for stacks of those, but when the issue itself (which is insanely rare) actually got listed for 1000yen, I won that unopposed.

I once got a batch of every SR/TJ vinyl except SG, all sealed, for 30000yen.

I think my copy of Yuuhatsu Orgasm was only 20000yen. I say that because most of the copies I've seen up for auction have demanded much more.

I got unused posters of Mayonaka wa Junketsu and KSK for cheap (somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500-3000 yen), and they're much better eyecandy than the LPs.

---------------------------------------

I regret paying almost 10000yen for a Muzai Moratorium poster which was already used. It's not really that nice of a poster anyway, even if it were unused. There are other pre-SS posters I would trade this for if I could.

I regret trying to track down all the RATs before the RingoBoX came out. I was only ever able to find a dozen different issues, and I still have lots of duplicates.