Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.07.17, 07:12 PM   #789
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Vorpax View Post
i just read that interview now, damn I'm always late Even if it was discussed already I would like to share my thoughts:

Well, I love her solo albums (even the recent ones Sunny, re:import and Ukina) and still have regards for her, but sorry, that was plain disrespectful to fans. I hate the way she disses on her older self because it's like she is dissing on the best albums of her career. The same albums that made most of us fans. What's wrong with wanting to make a song the best it can be?
Here's a similar example. The bands aren't the same, but the feeling from the band members is. The singer of the band AFI, Davey Havok, often looks down on their past work and feels embarrassed about it. They've been asked in interviews why they play certain songs that they don't even want to play anymore and they say it's because it's what the fans want.

People complain that "How can he look down on their past albums like that?! Those albums changed my life, etc." Well, it's much different being in the band vs. being a fan. The band member has moved on from that time in their life. An album is like an instance in that bands life. The feelings, the moods, etc. Shiina obviously is not the same person anymore. She might feel embarrassed by herself on those records. I think that's entirely fair. I might be embarrassed by songs I wrote when I was twenty vs. something I wrote when I become more mature as a song writer and person. *shrug* Something to consider. Then again she could be trolling hahaha.

@DG You hate on Ringo a lot sometimes. It's not unlikely you would be serious about it, even if it was in a joking manner.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote