Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.09.24, 07:15 PM   #1283
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
I guess I'm not sure what else to call it. To me, it's evocative of a very specific image.

Think of an old movie (film noir?) where the protagonist (let's say he's a P.I.) goes to check out a presumably-mafiaed-up cocktail lounge. He sits down at the bar, chats with the bartender, has a drink, and then the evening's entertainment begins.

There's a young (but not too young, she's no ingenue) woman there singing jazz, accompanied on piano by a world-weary gentleman. She catches our P.I.'s eye, and he hers. After a time, it feels like she's singing only to him (including a song that, while still classy, is also definitely a come-on). They meet afterward, he buys her a drink, they fall for each other, yada yada yada. Later on, he finds out she's got ties to whatever nasty individual he's investigating; he thinks he can save her but just hopes she's not mixed up in "all this." In the end it turns out she's in too deep, and winds up either getting hurt, or double-crossing him.

That's what Ringo sounds like, to me anyway.
This sounds like a better description for Maron Hamada honestly :-p