View Single Post
Old 2015.11.08, 09:51 PM   #357
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I think anime has the same problem as music as in there's just SO MUCH OF IT that it takes time to find really great stuff. That's why I end up watching older stuff, but there's a lot of brilliant stuff if you look a little, depending on what you watch anime for. Some of the strides recent animation has made are really incredible though.

I'll definitely check out bubblegum crisis! I also want to eventually look into stuff like 3x3 eyes and el hazard--all the stuff I never got around to when it was still somewhat relevant

I recently bought the current 8 volumes of the manga for the show that Hayamegu will be voicing in. I've not read it yet, but the author really does such wonderful writing IMO and has a really refreshing art style, so I have high hopes.

I tried Cromartie once, but wasn't too sure what I was looking at. I'll give it a second spin. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou seems like a similar series, and it's pure genius IMO so if you're ever tempted to watch something ridiculous that'd be my recommendation.

Also not having subs as in, the subtitles just don't work for some reason. I'm sure I downloaded a subtitled version, but...