View Single Post
Old 2015.11.25, 03:15 PM   #26
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Yeah mainly Yapoos covers actually.

I can see where you might not enjoy the 2015 sound, but I mean... she's heading towards 60 now and she's had years and years of voice abuse (not to mention what I imagine is quite a hefty amount of cigarette smoking, drinking and most likely drug abuse). She already sounded pretty croaky on Togawa Fiction 11 years back. I LOVE it though. Absolutely adore the sound she currently has.

But for me, that version of Suki Suki Daisuki (the one on this is another re-recording) means more than just a cover to me. It's a complete deconstruction of the song. Sure BiSKaidan (idol group Bis x Hijokaidan (same noise band working with Togawa on this one) if you're not aware of who that is) had done it before, but it fucking sucks in comparison to having Togawa do it. I love her tearing apart the old song. Is it as good as the original? No. Is that the intention? Fuck no.

And man, this has 肉屋のように on it. Can you imagine how awesome a hard noise version of that would be?!!!

Original to jot your memory if you're not sure what I'm referring to:
Yapoos

*unfortunately best quality I could find on YouTube, other versions are long gone