Thread: The TV Thread
View Single Post
Old 2010.04.04, 09:22 PM   #47
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

my betty friend told me he thought I'd like the way the series ended, so based on that, I have some thoughts about what I think will happen in the series finale.

I got around to watching last week's episode and I have to say that I think they are managing to pace the episodes pretty well considering we are two episodes left in the series. I didn't feel the London episode crammed too much into it at all, all the major story lines were continuations of threads started in previous episodes and I think that they are really going to be able to gracefully wrap up the show.

as for how I think it will end end? spoilers to follow:

I think Betty is going to once again choose herself, ala Season 2 finale. She is going to follow a career opportunity, leave Mode, and I think Daniel is going to follow suit. She isn't going to end up with any one guy, but based on what my friend said (he knows I support a Detty ending) and the last episode synopsis/this past week's episode (Gio saying that there was only ever "one man in your life") I think Daniel is going to follow Betty's lead and leave Mode with her, not setting up Betty with Daniel, but suggesting a chance of something more. The synopsis says that Betty has news for Daniel, but she is shocked by his reaction, while Claire is not at all. Also, there have been movie hopes and rumors going around forever, so while this show is officially over, give it time to settle and with the possible continuing success of Sex in the City, especially with the second movie coming out this summer, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if ABC followed suit with an official Betty movie at some point.

on the Supernatural front, man...someone really needs to put a whoopie cushion in the writer's room or something. this season manages to get darker and darker. I know things must get worse before they get better, the dark before the dawn, and we are coming up towards the season finale, but these cliffhanger and soul crushing end sequences are just brutal. episode after episode, they continue to end on really, really low notes. I really hope there is some really uplifting or positive end to it all. this coming from an admitted masochist, too.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2010.04.04 at 09:35 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote