View Single Post
Old 2009.02.17, 07:58 PM   #122
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer
Default Tsuki from dynamite out

was the first time i discovered shiina ringo about a month ago, i found her while looking for do as infinity live performances from a youtube member i subscribed to. after watching all this person's Do as infinity live concert performances, i decided to click on the Tsuki video and fell in love with her performance and with her ever since, i felt like i just cheated on Van Tomiko and left her for Shiina b/c she was better, i never thought i could have done this. I was pulled in and I have no idea what i was in for but i knew it was going to be good especially after reading her wiki about the angel wings surgery.
the next day through torrent i finished downloading the whole Dynamite Out Concert and have watched it every single day now. the other Concert DVDs I own are all the Mika Nakashima's and DOA's, and Dynamite I have to say is the best one.
I melt everytime she does the baby voice in the break down to Koko De Kiss.. i am a lover of the rolling R's even some people are annoyed by it.. the past month has just been consumed by Shiina trying to catch up with most of her materials and reading up some of the long discussion threads here. A lot of people say Gips is overrated and I almost felt the same as some of the people who said the song was trying too hard until I heard the bridge, now i think the song is magic and so sincere, one of my favorites Shiina songs now next to Yami Ni Afu,
about three days ago i received electric mole and that is quite a monster. but i still feel DO a little bit more. like eveyone else i skip Kao and If You Cant touch it tho.. i always do the Marounichi Sadistic sidestep dance thing shiina does on that part lol
the Ekimae performance was probably the best build up in music history, them piano bass cords felt like thunder when hzm slams on them, jeesus
and the guitar ride out at the end of Sounan put me in total exstacy.
i am now just starting to listen to her first three albums and some bside songs.. got through adult yesterday so i can follow the phase one vs phase two discussions and all the Uki hate lol... I usually like Jazzier songs better than rock but not in this case.. but i will reserve judgement until i catch Just Can't Help it..

SO Far my favorite Shiina Songs are

Gips
Yami Ni Furu
Sounan
Mesai
Kuki
Ishiki
Koko De Kisse Shite
Love is Blind
Mayonaka Wa Junk
Tsumi no Batsu
Suberidai
Ekimai
Tadashi Machi
keikoku
superstar DO version, dam the album version was weak on this
kokoro
Tsumiki Asobi, - anyone see the behind the scenes for this where she did the dance on the streets, i love it
Himitsu
Shuruba
Honnou
Yume no Ato DO version
Tsuki DO version
very dissapointed with the album version
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote