View Single Post
Old 2009.02.20, 04:32 PM   #128
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Le Salle de Bain on YouTube last summer was insta-love. I don't know how I found it, I was probably searching for videos of bathrooms or something. I burned tinny MP3s of that, Identity and Yattsuke Shigoto (vacuum cleaner version) onto my player and played on repeat everywhere I went for about a week. These were the first symptoms of an addiction to her songwriting where I find myself having to hear the first few bars of Meisai or the last few of Ishiki, or whatever I decide I need today before I can function. Maybe it will die down, but it made me find this forum where there are other sufferers/fans...

But I'm kicking myself for not getting into her sooner! In most parallel universes I would have done. I lived in Japan shortly after Shouso Strip came out and who knows there were probably big billboards of a strange girl with flowers around her that I probably thought "huh?" and tuned out. But how could a then 22 year old guy miss the Honnou video: look at the sexy nurse with the amazing music for goodness sake... Was I dead? After asking my ex to bring over SR albums from Japan she said, don't you remember me singing her songs at karaoke? Not exactly! I remember clapping along like a demented seal with something she sang in Shibuya once, the one song that has that effect on me by anybody is Marunouchi Sadistic, but I obviously didn't follow that up.

Anyway, so I like, and I've got a lot of catching up to do.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote