View Single Post
Old 2009.12.16, 01:32 PM   #46
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yeah, or they say "I liked her in high school but she has changed" plus everyone and their mother generally likes her singles from SS-era when they got the most play.

if she was comparable in visibility to a foreign artist I would probably pick some like Madonna. Madonna is a bit more aged, but they are both similar in that they came out working within the mainstream pop industry (despite being a bit harder edged i.e. crazy) and blazed a new path for themselves and other artists to follow. As they have aged it has gone the same way, as in, both Madonna and Ringo continue to make relevant music and receive exposure for their work, but their relevancy and general public awareness is a bit less that it was in their prime. Ringo isn't quite as old as Madonna, but I see her career in a similar light, she has managed to ride the aging curve very well and I think she is smart enough to be able to continue what she is doing until she feels the need to stop (hopefully that won't be for a long time). They do share a whole lot of similarities, ie they both set trends, they both are outspoken and fearless femalse in a men's industry, and they both have managed to survive long past the expiration date usually set on idols of a certain era.