View Single Post
Old 2015.09.16, 01:40 PM   #53
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by tsukigimehime View Post
As far as Yayoshi goes, I'm no guitar expert, and I while I pay more attention to individuals' playing styles now than I used to (I'm definitely not as in tune to it as Maou seems to be) he wasn't personally memorable to me. It was more "yes all of the necessary instruments are here." I guess I'm happy to know that the guy isn't universally hated, though
lol, yeah. Been doin' this for over 20 years now. Pretty sure I got my first guitar back in '94. I remember trying to learn Longview and Rocket by playing along to the videos on MTV. lol

This is my brief assessment of the guitarists live performances:

Technical Skill
Ukigumo > Nishikawa > Hirama > Nagoshi >>>>>>> Yayoshi

Guitar Solos
Ukigumo > Hirama > Nagoshi > Nishikawa > Shiina >>>>>> Yayoshi

Tone
Hirama > Nishikawa > Nagoshi > Shiina > Yayoshi Jazzmaster >> Ukigumo > Yayoshi Les Paul

Overall
Nishikawa > Hirama > Nagoshi > Ukigumo > Yayoshi

I think those are the things easiest for everyone to understand. It's not worth the time getting into stuff like phrasing.

Originally Posted by Vorpax View Post
It's not a horrendous album (I exagerated in my last post, it's not crap), but IMHO it's easily her worst.
I'm a fan of this because it's the best way to start conversation on slow forums.

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
Am surprised that such visceral hate for Tsugou no ii karada exists.
Yeah, I'm not feeling the hate on this one. Sure the arrangement is a bit over-the-top, but the song still has good bones. Like you mentioned with Kuki/Stem, a different arrangement would do some wonders for the song.

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
Am in agreement that Shun is a bit overrated on these boards imo.
Now this I feel. It's a bit overrated, but not by a whole lot. That piano solo is beastly. All it really needs is another subtle layer. An acoustic guitar or a very clean electric with some delay playing an arpeggio throughout the verses would do wonders for the song.