View Single Post
Old 2010.02.11, 11:20 AM   #43
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

After my first listen, I said to a few EMFers that I didn't know what I thought of the album...except that it sounded like it was created by a different band, and that it might not be received well on EMF because -- I'M GUESSING -- people signed up for Ringo's particular brand of music and not necessarily Saito Neko/Hirama/HZM/Ukigumo/Izawa's. So when the other musicians get thrown into the mix and dilute Ringo to the point where the most Ringo-sounding track is the exception, people's opinions are obviously going to separate, because the common ground just gave way.

Regardless of whether I find the album good or not (I need to listen to it a few more times, maybe when the album is released officially.), it's still lacking Ringo's idiosyncrasies. Which sucks, because I don't think any musician can fill that Ringo-shaped hole, regardless of how 'good' their music is.

I guess this will only make me become more disillusioned, but if the whole communist Tokyo Jihen thing is making Ringo happy, then it's the best thing she could be doing. An immature part of me wants to hate SR for being selfish with her recent decision to just SUDDENLY ABANDON pre-Variety/Adult music (She didn't even begin to milk her different styles before moving on! Album-wise, I mean), but yeah, she's an individual with a life and not a machine soooooo

Last edited by Scribble R : 2010.02.11 at 12:29 PM. Reason: error
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote