View Single Post
Old 2007.04.05, 10:34 PM   #32
arutea

arutea is headed in the right direction

In my first year of uni I bought a note taker for my lectures and stored some mp3s for the 1-hr train rides between home and class. I downloaded some random anime and jpop/jrock songs from napster and came across "Gibusu" and "Tsumi to Batsu" I had listened to both a few times but didn't fall in love with them right away.

I was half asleep on the train to class when Tsumi to Batsu started playing. It was then.. when I had a moment to do nothing but listen to music that I realised it was a whole lot different from all the other jpop songs. Something in her voice made her words sound so powerful - like she really meant it - even if I couldn't understand much Japanese at that time, I knew she was singing words from her heart. Gibusu came on straight after and I realised - she's really great. When I got home I found a few more of her songs which satisfied me for a year and a half. It was about mid-last year when I finally tuned into youtube and saw some of her PVs. I thought, wow, it's really different... but it really suits her music. It's the sort of thing I like.

atm.. my fave pvs are Gibusu and Yami ni Furu Ame. I'd love to start building up a collection of DVDs etc... but it's really hard to find them here in Australia. I haven't even met anyone else who knows about her and likes her music here. It's all Ayumi Hamasaki, Mika Nakashima...
arutea is offline   Reply With Quote