View Single Post
Old 2009.11.17, 03:42 AM   #362
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Yay, thanks for the HQ link!

I think anyone who was disappointed with the first few songs of Sanmon Gossip may not like this.

I think this will be a killer single if the B-Side is a more 'epic' song (There are rumours that it sounds more like classic Ringo). I'm guessing that Frustration will be significantly longer because of the emphasis on the short 3 minutes of the A-Side.

And I agree that the song is way too short. The abrupt beep at the end makes me wonder if there's going to be some pretentious segue on the album a la Yukigini-Kabuki/Naoshi.

My preferences lean towards funky/groovy, which is naturally why this single appealed to me. Ukigumo gets flack for being stiff and lifeless, but he can totally move in this video (I think this is more his style than 'badass rock star'), and as long as he doesn't write songs, he is good at bringing out the RnB/Soul side of Ringo that we knew existed before Muzai Moratorium.

I wish that the song had an 'extra layer', or more variation to it like, say, Omatsuri Sawagi or Togatta Teguchi, but as long as the rest of the album is good then it deserves its place.

Two things I am worried about:

- Songwriting duties on the album
- Izawaaaaaaaaa

The interviews next week Friday can't come enough.

Oh, and this song will probably suck live because Uki will have to sing with his natural voice.