View Single Post
Old 2007.04.17, 04:43 PM   #79
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Kasanagi View Post
Honestly Adult feels more like a Shiina album than a TJ album; compare Adult with Kyoiku and the difference is the lack of Hirama and HZM dominance in the overall sound. It would seem like SR simply kicked them out of the band and replaced them withone someone she can keep a tight leash on; I dont see Hirama giving up his big rock sound just to follow SR's musical direction (from adult to Heisei Fuuzoku), especially when they are playing live.

Now I'm not defending Ukigumo, but on the assumption that he did play Tegami (unless someone from TJ come out and said otherwise), I'd say he's got diversity in his reportoire than most of us give him credit for, but while SR got him on a leash, he's stuck playing jazz fill-ins instead of playing like the power-chord and vibrato galore that is Hirama...
If Shiina actually kicked Hirama out because he would call her out, potentially, then I would start spending all my time in the OT because if some of you think I have little nice to say about Shiina currently...
I know everybody thinks Uki can play "normal" and as I sid before whoever's choice it is for him to be playing that way needs to get fired.