View Single Post
Old 2009.07.12, 03:29 AM   #32
Beltshumeltz

Beltshumeltz is headed in the right direction

I never understood what the deal was with this album. I did not recognize the songs so I figured they were original compositions until I read this thread. So they are covers?

This is I think my least favorite album, because I only liked the first song of one of the CDs, the one where she signs with the Spitz singer.

I was always very grateful for this album however since it helped me discover Spitz itself! If you do not know that band, I highly recommend them. The voice will either be intriguing or off-putting at first but all songs have a catchy, beautiful melody and grow on you. You can guess how you'll like Spitz's singer from his voice in the Utaite Miyouri song. But his songs and his voice grow on you so much!

Also Spitz is very prolific so you will have about 10 to 15 albums to listen to. I've listened to about 10 many many times and I really love them.

With that said, perhaps I will give this album another chance. I always have trouble when she sings in English or French though... and I remember there were many such songs here. Anyway I will give this a couple more listenings.
Beltshumeltz is offline   Reply With Quote