View Single Post
Old 2012.11.03, 08:12 AM   #21
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
Got another one: SR's cover of Can't Take My Eyes Off You. Starts out fantastic. Love it. But when she starts screaming "Bay-beeeeeeeeeeeeee" toward the end I cringe.
Aw, I love that cover. It's one of the best. There's so much energy in the song that I can never sit still while it's on. Of course, I'm probably more swayed by Nishikawa's guitars than SR's scratchy vocals.

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
Ikiru (though I love the whole song now) - the second part after the band enters can be quite messy (esp. on Ultra C)
Yukiguni - same problem like Ikiru
Someone who agrees with me. Been saying it for years. I feel redeemed! After the band enters, Ikiru reminds me of a My Chemical Romance song. I can't quite pinpoint why though as I've only heard like 3-4 My Chemical Romance songs.

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 View Post
I could really do without the Kesho Naoshi outro. Also, Yukiguni is a much better song before the guitar and drums kick in. However, the lead-in to Kabuki is fucking fantastic. One of my favorite Tokyo Jihen moments. Period.
Another on Yukiguni! Yessss. Ringo and Izawa are building a great atmosphere in the first half of the song before the rest of the band comes in and all comes crashing down. The whole pace of the song gets derailed.

Also agree with the ending of Kesho Naoshi.