View Single Post
Old 2009.03.11, 07:58 PM   #10
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

It's quite simple: the guitarist (Yayoshi) and the keys (Baldy) are inferior. Yayoshi can't play anything from the albums correctly and Baldy just sounds like shit. The same holds true for Zazen, but it's amazingly better than GX. I'll use Izonshou as an example because I was particularly disappointed with it, but it applies to most songs:
  • Main clean riff - Terrible. Wrong effect and very poor tone. Please use the clean channel instead of rolling off the volume. Also fails to play the main dirty the last time it's played.
  • Chorus - Dual rhythm section. The lead guitar from the album is gone. Forgivable during SX, but only because Ringo is nearly inaudible. Not so here.
  • Ending solo - What ending solo? Yayoshi jams the same note for like five seconds and then gives way to Ringo who plays part of the chorus lead guitar as a solo. Lame.
  • General Keys - A keyboard emulating a piano never sounds good. Ever.
Ringo herself is entertaining visually, but sounds bad in some songs like Tsumi to Batsu. She's at her sexiest halfway through when she gets a haircut.