View Single Post
Old 2011.02.11, 08:00 AM   #233
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I disagree that this forum is now full of weeaboos. That sounds a bit strawmannish. There's not much activity on either side of the fan spectrum.

I love reading criticism. I just don't like reading it when there's a layer of smug self-satisfied superiority buried under it. It's like whenever Ringo releases an average song, there's this circle-jerk celebration of how SHITTY of an artist she is.

With this song, I think I actually felt disillusionment in my stomach. Even Tengoku didn't have as bad as an effect. I want to say that I'm shocked that she has the *cheek* to release ANOTHER song like this, and it makes me wonder whether she's surrounded by yes men, but it's clearly what she's into now. I know for a fact that if she applied her songwriting to another style, it'd be great (I liked Sanmon Gossip) and I think her decline is 65% down to bad decisions (not bad songwriting), as opposed to, say, Weezer. It's not deluding myself -- it's fucking true. Not to say that the output should be criticised any less, but this is why I still follow her. I keep hoping that she'll 'move on' , but this song is a slap in the face in that regard.

Also I don't know what she has against her old style, when there was nothing about it that was tied to any particular genre. I don't think the song is awful or the genre is inherently awful, or that Ringo shouldn't be doing it -- but she keeps playing it very straight.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote