View Single Post
Old 2011.02.11, 08:05 AM   #234
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
While this forum may act as though both sides of the opinion scale are respected I don't think that's true.

There seems to be a default postion assumed that everything released is all OMG amazing and if you dare disagree then you must be some kind of leper for refusing to drink the forum kool-Aid.
I know this is several pages late but I just want to say nooooooo, that's not quite true.

It's really funny how each side feels as if they are the wronged one. Republicans and Democrats, even two people dating, each feels under attack and like the victim in the middle of a conflict. Well, it can't be true that they're BOTH under attack, can it?

Same thing here. According to what you said, you think EMF is a forum of blind Ringo/Jihen lovers who eagerly lap up everything they put out.

Uhhh... hahahaa. Then why do we have a reputation outside EMF for being nothing but a bunch of haters??

There are seemingly-blind haters and there are seemingly-blind lovers here. It all depends on your perspective as to which reigns supreme. If you're a lover, you think we're all haters and you feel defensive and persecuted and singled out. If you're a hater, you think we're all lovers (and same as above). It is your own status as a hater that makes you think everyone else minus a handful is "kawaii weeaboo OMG amazing" admirers. Honestly, I just don't think that's the case. The reaction in this very thread has been QUITE mixed and it has not been solely that handful you listed doing the hating. I'd say the overall reaction has been negative... like 70/30 negative maybe.
(Should I attach a poll to every product review thread so we can all see at a glance what the overall forum opinion of the release is? Haha. I am tired of having to point out that it isn't all positive or all negative to those who feel the opposite.)

Like I said, it's the same as with political parties and romantic disputes!

I think, objectively, we are a mix. Let's look at things without getting jaded by partisanship!

Also Bongo, you've quit and come back and quit and come back like several times by now. It would have been silly to ban you [you actually requested total account deletion--something we do NOT do on a regular basis as it's much trickier and causes more problems, not because we "didn't have the nerve"--you just requested something kiiind of unthinkable] when you couldn't even make up your mind once and for all whether to stay away or not. We knew that and that's why we didn't make a rash permanent decision. In fact, you even requested that we remove your forum access--we did, and then you changed your mind and created a new account to come back! (breaking the rules in the process)

If you'd like to be banned instead of deleted though then just let us know. I think that would be much more doable! (not trying to sound snarky)
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote