View Single Post
Old 2015.08.20, 05:43 PM   #1
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Smile Thoughts on Ringo's older material

Inspired by Nihm's comment in the news thread that one of their students loves Sheena Ringo, but her favorite song is Koko de Kiss Shite.

I respect that. It's a song for young women, and I'm sure that student finds the track super relatable. I'm wondering though, what do you guys think of Koko de kiss shite and gibs and such--some of her most popular singles? They don't come up as much in discussion of her old material...

They're definitely good, and I've heard them described as genius pop music that have new life to the genre in that time, but I feel like I would have overlooked Ringo if they were the first songs I heard from her :s I actually like the the Yamaha music quest version best when it comes to Koko...

Maybe I'm asking the wrong crowd since they're songs for young women about a young woman's feelings but I'm also curious about what you think of the composition and instrumentation if you pay attention to that, since I often just put things into the "enjoyable to listen to" vs "not enjoyable to listen to" categories... What exactly made these songs the revolutionary (?) pop/rock anthems that they were?

If you have thoughts on other songs besides these feel free to talk about them...! (I mostly didn't want to take the news thread too far off course from current events with my long rambling question, so here we are...!)

Last edited by tsukigimehime : 2015.08.20 at 05:47 PM.
tsukigimehime is offline   Reply With Quote