View Single Post
Old 2009.08.11, 02:41 AM   #2
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Well, if the community stays like this, the highs will be extremely high, right?

The J-Pop forum thing...technically, I am of the opinion that what makes this forum special, especially for a *Japanese* artists, people don't hold back on the criticism. I like this. But even if there are a lot of those kinds of people on this forum, trying to force it down their throats that they have 'bad taste' doesn't really achieve anything. It doesn't transform them into (pseudo) sophisticated, cultured critics. Plus, a lot of the arguments I read here aren't even interesting anymore.

They become waaay too heated to the point where they become cringeworthy. I found some of the Ukigumo and Hirama arguments interesting because people offered posted legitimte, well thought-out criticisms as to why they thought Uki sucked. But now, if those same members still think that they're the Anti-Shiina crusaders, fighting the legions of kawaii j-pop fans, they're utterly deluded.

The reason I'm even still here is because we've gotten glimpses through her recent work that it isn't a pointless endeavour waiting for an awesome new album. Seriously, why are people declaring that her music is hopeless because of TWO ALBUMs? Have you not listened to the discographies of most of the highly-acclaimed artists out there? What were people expecting -- Shiina to be the new Beatles?

I try to give credit where I THINK it's due for the newer products. Somehow this makes me a weeaboo.

I'm going to frequent this community less not because I hate it or think it's dying, but because I'm finding that I'm constantly writing essay-length opinions and over-analysing where it really isn't necessary, and all over one musician. It kind of disturbs me, so I'd just rather stfu until she releases something new.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.08.11 at 02:48 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote