Thread: Asai Kenichi
View Single Post
Old 2008.10.22, 10:53 AM   #53
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I can't speak for the other vendors, but I've noticed that most Asai Kenichi related rarities, don't disappear from CD Japan very quickly. The first-press of Kiken Siguru (debut single of his solo-career) sold out a week or two before the release date, then his "X2" albums (Rod Snake Shock Service and CHELSEA) sold out on first-press a week after release. All of his other first-pressings and limiteds have taken a much longer time to disappear - especially anything from SHERBETS.

Blankey Jet City releases in general, might be available in more limited of quantities than releases from all of Asai Kenichi's other bands, but I don't think there's going to be a buying frenzy for it either. There is a very strong chance those SHM-CDs of Blankey Jet City will still be available in January 2009. I'm not going to take any chances mainly because I'm getting very sick and tired of paying deputy service fees for things I've discovered early but hesitated on buying, or discovered late. In two years, Shopping Mall Japan has collected roughly two thousand dollars from me in commissions alone, and it's not that they charge too much for the service they provide - but that every little bit adds up.

The latest/upcoming SHERBETS album will also be available in SHM-CD. I already pre-ordered it over a month ago, but now I've added the Blankey Jet City SHM-CDs onto that existing order - this way my shipping fees are consolidated, plus I won't have to pay up until the middle of December. I'm going to be very tight this quarter of the year, mainly because of my big November shipment from HMV Japan.