View Single Post
Old 2018.08.25, 09:16 PM   #31
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I'd make an argument back but I've done that enough. There just isn't an act doing what she's doing for me at the moment, and I'm not alone in that regard anymore either lol. Also, you're all still talking about her on a Shiina Ringo board...

I do feel kinda sad that every act from last gen are just not doing anything special anymore (Ringo, Utada, Ayu, you name it), hopefully something happens and turns that around though. Ringo bothers me the most cause it feels like squandered talent. Utada is doing what she's always done but more dry, Ayu etc, well, that era is dead anyway.

Hopefully its just an awkward transition from 'contemporary' to 'classic' artist period? Ringo just needs something to sell really poorly to wake her up (fans are getting tired of buying jingles!) I think. Like the new blu ray.

Older acts seem to be putting out more interesting stuff than them though, Phew is amazing atm, the Jun Togawa x Vampillia collab was mind blowing. Sure, it'll never hit charts or anything, but at least there's some real soul there.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2018.08.25 at 09:31 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote