View Single Post
Old 2008.10.28, 06:30 PM   #9
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

When I read the original post, my face dropped, tbqh. Then I thought it could be a pretty good idea. But instead of having sports/movies/random subjects, these forums could be a cool anti-jpopmusic (Not saying jpopmusic is bad), in that it could draw attention to the Shiina Ringos/Ego Wrappins/The Boredoms/Coccos/etc. instead of the Ayumi Hamasakis/Koda Kumis/Namie Amuros/etc.

'Quality music' is subjective, yes. But all the Japanese music I really enjoy tend to be from artists that are virtually unheard of in the West. It would be cool if the 'Non-Related' Artists forum could be 'beefed' up, and we could get up threads for these obscure artists, review them, etc. (When you think about it, SR would be a good figurehead for that, as she was the anti-Ayumi Hamasaki anyway)

I'm kinda new (Been lurking for ages though), and I like the community here -- but it's a pity that it doesn't seem as active as it could be. The main reason I come here now is in hopes that I'll see an announcement of a new Tokyo Jihen/Shiina Ringo album, and that doesn't happen every day...

Yeah, I think it's more of a thread-creation thing.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote