View Single Post
Old 2009.10.05, 03:33 PM   #19
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Rashipoki vs Sanmon Gossip

I think Rashipoki is, in many ways, better than Sanmon Gossip, because Rashipoki, like SG, also has that exuberant, sugar-rushy
feel to it but unlike SG, it sounds like there's 'soul' put into it. Like it's from Izawa's, um, heart or something. Sanmon Gossip on
the other hand, merely sounds as if Ringo was just having a bit of fun, and as if it's just another notch on Shiina's Belt.

Rashipoki vs Variety

Izawa and Tokyo Jihen

Hi familiar ground. Well, I enjoyed this album without even THINKING of Shiina Ringo or TJ until the end, but if you listened to Rashipoki
you'd be wondering what Izawa would be doing next, and the answer is obviously TJ's next album.

Izawa is responsible for the arguably the best things IMHO to come out of the Variety era: Sake to Geko (Spa and Treatment), Kaban no Nakami
and Pinocchio (Well, I also like Tsukigime-hime but Izawa still wins). Heck, even Killer Tune is okay. But the above songs are hardly
'centerpiece' material apart from Sake to Geko which feels like it has missing potential.

Rashipoki has *significantly* better songs, though. Because SR isn't fulfilling all my musical needs anymore, I'm caring less and less
about a comeback, but I'll be listening to every new album she puts out till she retires. Sooo I want to see if this Phase 2 experiment
can work. I think it isn't futile where Izawa + Shiina are concerned. But then there's Uki...

(Will be posting my impressions of Petrolz album + single)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.10.05 at 03:37 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote