Thread: PE'Z
View Single Post
Old 2011.06.22, 05:13 AM   #21
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
So I've got this brother who is bored, who has no computer to use the moment (partially because I'm using mine), and he's ruled out everything which is broadcasting right now, and every DVD or Blu-Ray he's already watched.

I sit there and think for a moment, and then I came up with this great idea. He's already watched PE'Z REALIVE's 2005 and 2007 on computer, and liked them. I've also got the DVD for 2008, which he hadn't seen yet, and from what I can recall on the packaging, it's All-Region (unlike a lot of other Japanese releases). So I deconstruct my tower of storage bins to reach the disc, I find it and double-check the packaging, and sure enough, it says "(ALL)NTSC" after the "(16:9)". We load the disc for the TV, and it complains about Region restrictions.

Now I more profoundly understand why vendors who ship Japanese DVDs, try to tell you everything is Region 2. I didn't have All-Region expectations before buying this DVD, but now I feel betrayed by the packaging.
Can I tell you how happy I am that the US and Japan are both BD Region 1? (Then again, I feel like more BD releases have been region-free than DVD releases)

By the way, have you listened to I WANT YOU? Definitely stacks up to their older stuff, but with the production value of 1.2.MAX.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote