Thread: Number Girl
View Single Post
Old 2012.11.11, 02:17 AM   #28
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

There is a lot of mixed attitudes on the releases from Lama. No one liked the single mix of Spell, but One day was very much appreciated. I personally liked the Fantasy/Cupid single a lot.

Rockin' your eyes is really pop and like something that could have been in Miki's Bondage heart so I liked it, Ane more was enjoyable, Dreamin' is up in the air for me, it's really drone and walks the lines of being peaceful to just plain boring. If I like at least 6 songs on an album, that good enough for me sometimes and that happened here, but collectively, I can see how you guys don't like it. It's not as pop as it's wants to be and not a adventurous I feel it should be. It took me a few listens to find things I liked, aside from Rockin' your eyes. I'd definitely would say give the album another go. I will also say that their individual works may be more interesting, as they have an identity that I feel the band hasn't quite found yet.

Miki and Nakako have been doing that switch vocal thing since SUPERCAR, I kinda said -______- at the Sonic youth comment.

That isn't Lady Gaga of course. I actually don't know what they were trying to do with that album cover. All of the cover arts have been kinda "...What?", the "Cupid/Fantasy" one looks like Miki sew it at least.

Last edited by LoBFCanti : 2012.11.11 at 02:21 AM.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote