View Single Post
Old 2012.04.04, 06:13 AM   #12
Kingyohime

Kingyohime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
While I don't hate senko, its definitely the weakest Kameda song. But then again, its still better than service and horror dust.

Kameda did Pinnochio right? That is his best if so.
aww, poor Horror Dust gets so much hate. And, well, it's not like I don't understand why, but it's in a whole other class than Senkou Shoujo or Killer Tune (which has been growing on me just a little, I'll admit) for me. Obviously it's never going on any top-ten lists for me, other than maybe "most WTF Jihen experiments", but damned if I don't listen to it whenever shuffle comes it up, and usually with a smile on my face by the end.

In fact, like most of color bars is, it's most enjoyable as an experiment - or more accurately, as Izawa's love letter to '80s visual-kei. My problem with it if anything is that it feels too 'safe' to me; I'd have enjoyed it a lot more if it was taken even further (over the top, even) than it was. Seeing the glammed-out version of it from the tour did a lot to make me appreciate it, which is a big reason I hope the Bon Voyage DVD/BD release happens soonish - even if it doesn't make you like the song any more than you do, it will at least put it in context after you've seen Izawa rock to it in full Buck-Tick drag.

And yeah, Pinnochio is Izawa's. They played it at the Appa live I went to last week, as a matter of fact, and it was unsurprisingly great. I should get around to posting about that once I find the appropriate thread.
Kingyohime is offline   Reply With Quote