View Single Post
Old 2007.05.30, 07:12 PM   #41
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
New Rule:
If your hypothetical "Best Of" album totals to be under 80 minutes, it doesn't matter how many or few tracks are involved.
Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Dude, whose gonna bother looking up track times and doing the math?
I know I wouldn't |=p

(or even option B, dumping all the tracks in your burning program and seeing if it fits in the disc)
Pshaw!
If you don't listen to your combination of tracks back-to-back, how do you really know they go well together?

If and when I'm listening to my own test combinations, the old version of foobar2000 I use tells me the total playtime of selected tracks at the bottom of the window.

If PE'Z can have a 79-minute "Best Stage Zero" album, why can't Shiina Ringo? Oh yeah, and did I mention "Best Stage Zero" is 16 tracks, while "Best 1st Stage" is 17 tracks (76 minutes)? Two different compilation albums pushing the limit - one for release in Japan, and one for international release, both with completely different tracklists. One could argue that Shiina Ringo deserves at least as much in order to do her justice, in which case you'd be choosing 2 hours and 40 minutes worth of music. If that involved all her shortest tracks, that could easily be 50 songs.

But let's not stretch it that far. We'll just keep this down to, what could you fit onto one audio CD? (the kind of CD that will actually play in a standard player - not a GigaRec'd CD with 1 hour and 53 minutes of raw music or an MP3 CD with 4+ hours of 320kbps or worse)
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote