View Single Post
Old 2010.02.10, 09:47 AM   #18
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

While stuck in the snow for the sixth day in a row, I contemplated pre-ordering Sports before first-press disappeared. In the process of checking out all the information, I stumbled across Glath's discovery of the album leak, and I could not help myself since going in blind would be a ~$40 gamble...

I like the idea of Ikiru, but the "background noise" in the first half can be a bit much, while the second half seems harder to get behind for some reason.

Denpa Tsuushin honestly sounds like it could be the theme music for Sonic 4, or at least a BGM. Whether or not that's a good thing is up to you.

Season Sayonara sounds solid, so simply saying such should suffice. (I could go further with the s, but it'd be painful for all us sans schadenfreude.)

It feels like Kachi-ikusa was a Variety holdover that snuck onto the album, while FOUL was an extra from Shouso Strip.

Utenkekku? Eh.

Whatever your feelings on Noudouteki Sanpunkan are probably won't change with its release, but it does fit well in the middle of the album.

Zettai Zetsumei is pleasant but not great. I'd feel different about it if she didn't keep the lighter tone in just the first half and spread it out a bit throughout the song.

FAIR will probably accurately describe how most people feel about the song, but I'm a fan of the style.

Noriki feels too much like a mediocre anime theme that segues into a lame video game segment in the middle of the song.

Sweet Spot
is Karada-level cheesy (so of course I like it, haha).

Senkou Shoujo
: see Noudouteki Sanpunkan, except that it now benefits more from being put somewhere on an album, fitting in very well as the second-to-last track.

Kimaru wants to be the Souretsu of Sports but doesn't match up with the rest of album well enough to gain that title.

Some of the statements here seem a bit ridiculous, and rightfully so.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote