View Single Post
Old 2009.12.18, 01:14 AM   #69
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
lazer, i agree, i want her to be writing from the heart, too, but i don't think that happened too much in SG. Bonsai hada is the only song that really stands out to me in that sense, it seems really inspired. while i like some of the other songs, they seem to be made just for the fun of making a song, which there is no problem with that, but they feel almost like knock-offs to me
If there's any Sanmon Gossip song that sounds like a knock-off (That isn't Futabocchi) it's Bonsai Hada. Whenever I listen to it I think that my three minutes or whatever is better spent listening to Toki ga Bousou or Nihon ni Umarete. Re: Ryuukou, the fact that she contacted Mummy D in a hurry to ask him to lend his talents to Ryuukou may at least suggest that she was 'passionate' about creating the song. That's more evidence to say that she was passionate than she wasn't.

Stop saying things like 'SR should write from the heart' because it doesn't mean anything. If I wanted to play that game, I could say that Roudousha, zero miten chara, and a handful of other songs on SG sound like they're 'from the heart'.

As I've recently looked into, Shiina Ringo has been doing 'collabs' for her entire career. That's her thing -- Sanmon Gossip is just a bit more explicit with it. And she's been doing 'gimmicky' stuff like that forever, (See Utaite Myouri) so is Variety really that out of character as some of you think it is? And even if Variety tarnished her name, why should Shiina (Or anyone) give a shit about her 'artistic integrity?' She's just one person creating her music because that's her passion.

People like to project all kinds of nonsense onto Ringo and pass it off as gospel. And what I don't get is that for all the people who loved Adult and are getting depressed over Ringo for Variety, it's just ONE album.

zero miten kara and Togatta Teguchi made me wish there were more songs like them on Sanmon Gossip (the former is KSK-caliber, IMHO) but at least, it makes me feel better that those were Ringo arrangements so we'll see songs of that style in the future, maybe. Y'know, I wouldn't have minded Mummy D doing a whole album with Ringo, with Nobuhiko and Inoue. Tokyo Outkast