View Single Post
Old 2009.10.13, 07:37 AM   #2
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The only fansubbing I've seen in connection with Shiina Ringo, is Spanish for some of the PVs, and English as a parody for a small part of Dynamite Out (the moment where Kameda speaks). Then someone may have taken EmilScherbe's translation for one scene of Ringo EXPO 08, and made a brief fansub out of that. I don't think there's anything else. I don't think anyone has been doing sincere English translations for any predetermined intent of making fansubs.

The thought has crossed my mind a few times each year, that EMF members should work together on fansubbing the not-entirely-musical-in-nature videos, but I don't want it badly enough to nag anyone about it yet, and I don't think anyone with translation skills wants it badly enough to bother with it even if I really were nagging them, plus...

I don't think anyone around here with translation skills, has any experience applying that within a fansubbing context - where you have to worry about things like timing.

So yeah, it would be great if there were more fansubs for Shiina Ringo, but nobody is both skilled enough and motivated enough to make it happen - except the dattebayo crew, and only if you pay them.