View Single Post
Old 2007.04.06, 02:36 PM   #64
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community
Default greetings from Portugal*

hello, some people may remember me or not, I still managed to do about 50 posts before the last forum sank like Titanic.

I'm Bébio, I've been living in Lisbon for 7 years for university studies (although I originally come from a tiny Portuguese island called Madeira), and I'm doing my last internship period in order to graduate (I'm an Architecture student and my course lasts 6 years + 1 year of internship), and after that, I plan to apply for a scolarship to do a post degree on traditional Japanese architecture and Urbanism studies in Japan. I was there last year for a couple of weeks, sponsored by the Japanese ministry of Foreign Affairs, and it was a great time, so it's only natural for me to want to come back, and improve my Japanese language skills as well.

Besides that, I write and play my own music, and I also ocasionally play in friends' bands. When I have some free time outside of the course and music playing, I do some illustrations and drawings just for fun.
I discovered Shiina Ringo around late 2004, because a Japanese girl on a website called "communities" (a place where I no longer go to) had recommended her music to me. I managed to find a couple of mp3 from KZK, and needless to say I was hooked! It's still my favourite album from her.

Since then, I've been enjoying Tokyo Jihen a lot (my fave album is Otona), and the side projects like Pe'Z, Shiina's collaborations with other people, H Zett M, and so on.
My favourite Japanese music is underground music, like Boris, Envy, Toe, Lite, Garlic Boys, DJ Krush, Zazen Boys, Cornelius and stuff like that, although I certainly don't mind the ocasional listening of more accessible music like Bonnie Pink, Acidman, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra and even Halcali and Ryp Slyme. But Morning Musume, or Kumi Koda's type of music are just not my thing

As for non asian music, I enjoy Radiohead, Silverchair, Mr. Bungle, Mike Patton, Refused, Shellac, Sigur Rós, Isis, Mogwai, Archer Prewitt, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Bôa, Beck, Air, among many other things.

Pleased to meet you all again, and sorry for the long introduction... It is said that Portuguese sometimes talk too much...
bebio is offline   Reply With Quote