View Single Post
Old 2014.01.15, 06:01 PM   #4
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Entry№1 View Post
Exciting! Thanks for the news, Grandma.
Someone refresh my memory... is the whole blu-ray going to be a stripped down show like the video of the English part that was on Nico Nico Douga? I'm really skeptical as to how some of these songs would translate with a small acoustic setup.
Well, having listened to one of the bootlegs in full (don't worry too much, you're much better off just waiting for this), it seems (from what I can hear from it) that this show is halfway between Baishou Exstasy and Ringohan. Not too stripped back but not fully orchestrated either. I think it's sounding pretty damn good imo. It's definitely more tasteful (yet without losing any liveliness it seems) than other orchestrated works like Bon Voyage too.

For an idea of what to expect, Kronekodow have a full listing of the players:

◆"党大会"ミュージシャンリスト ◆
 椎名林檎 「シイナ リンゴ」 vox      
 斎藤ネコ 「サイトウ ネコ」 violin
 林正樹  「ハヤシ  マサキ」 piano    
 グレート栄田 「グレート エイダ」 violin
 佐藤芳明 「サトウ ヨシアキ」 accordion  
 山田雄司 「ヤマダ ユウジ」 viola
 鳥越啓介 「トリゴエ ケイスケ」 bass
 藤森亮一 「フジモリ リョウイチ」 cello
 みどりん 「ミドリン」 drums
 朝川朋之 「アサカワ トモユキ」 harp

I'm pretty damn excited to watch this. No doubt it's not gonna become an instant favorite with people that don't like this direction of music, but eh, whatever, it ain't gonna stop me enjoying it :-p

Also, must be mentioned... the rearrangement of the Nakata song is what it should have been all along, and this new arrangement of Oishii Kitesu is also pretty gorgeous.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.01.15 at 08:14 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote