View Single Post
Old 2011.11.21, 12:02 PM   #16
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by so_cold View Post
Nah.... I've never bought into this kind of "real music" / "it doesn't count if they can't play it live" nonsense if that's what you're saying... If you've got a studio, use it!
Kind of, let me clarify. I think my problem stemmed from how they, say a four-piece rock act with one guitarist, handle the live performances of said songs with three or four guitar tracks, where instead of making do with what they have, they pump the extra tracks though the PA or bring on another guitarist or two. I really only had an issue with it when it was a band that presented any sort of "authentic" or "real" image, if you understand what I'm saying. I mean, could you imagine, for instance, The Ramones or The Clash or Nirvana having a bunch of studio musicians with them onstage to help them perform? It would be somewhat contrary to what they try to project. Whereas, on the other hand, if an act known for being heavily-produced like, I dunno, Coldplay pulled the same thing, I wouldn't have a problem with it (though I would still have a problem with them being Coldplay).

Like I said, I've since gotten over it, but I hope that helps explain where I was coming from a little bit.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote