View Single Post
Old 2009.06.25, 08:32 AM   #1
Beltshumeltz

Beltshumeltz is headed in the right direction
Red face I thought I was the only Ringo fan! Newbie questions too...

I've listened to Shiina Ringo for about 4 or 5 years and until I discovered this forum, I thought I had to be her only fan. I never met someone who liked her in anime and video game music chatrooms which were the only places I thought I would find other fans.

Should have googled for Shiina Ringo forums earlier

Of my entire life, she is the only artist whom I anxiously awaited new album releases ahead of time. For everyone else, if I one day notice a new album is out, maybe I'll buy or download it... But for Shiina, I had been waiting for Variety for a long time, and more recently Sanmon Gossip which I just ordered from ebay.

Anyway, I have a few questions!

1- Are albums from Taiwan/South Korea basically the same? I found Sanmon Gossip for 20$ on Ebay. I don't mind if the packaging is different, I just want the music to be the same.

2- Am I really missing out on much if I have never collected singles or DVDs? I only have every Ringo and Jihen main album, I've never paid attention to other releases. I don't think I'm into live albums much because the voice quality usually is lower, but what about singles/DVD?

3- When there is a DVD release, is there a good way to rip the songs from the DVD player so I can listen to it on my mp3 player instead? I don't want one huge 2 hour track! I'd want to be able to listen to the DVD songs as if it were a normal album, I don't care about anything other than the music itself.

4- Why don't people like Variety? It's crazy and it rocks! But seriously, I just read that many of the songs were composed by other artists. Are getting the albums from these artists a good way to expand on the experience? Are there artists out there who really make you guys feel like they give you a Shiina Ringo fix?

Thanks
Beltshumeltz is offline   Reply With Quote