View Single Post
Old 2008.10.28, 09:00 PM   #21
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There isn't much debate or disagreement on whether or not we should start more life/pastime boards. My question is, should we be more organized about other artists, and if so, do we want to be cautious about the fact that many of these artists don't have this kind of coverage anywhere else yet? You can find videogame/TV/etc subforums all over the web, and even dedicated communities for those topics. If we start organizing our related/unrelated artist subforums so that they're the only rich discussion resource for those specific artists within the entire internet, I'm concerned that if we don't have rites of initiation - we will end up with a saladbowl EMF, which to me would be an immigration nightmare.

If we shrug off the whole "Let's organize our Related Artists" idea, then we miss out on site rank, bigtime, but those topics are going to push us closer to the front of the Google "Shiina Ringo" results than any amount of life/pastime subforums we could start up (which I'm not saying we shouldn't still start up anyway).

There's more to life than site rank, and I'm not hellbent on it. I'm all for hiding a bunch of Related Artist subforums if that's what's better for this community, so two-way constructive criticism, and more specifically these kind of Fate Of The Community discussions, are very important.