Thread: Utadah Hikaru!
View Single Post
Old 2009.03.15, 04:11 PM   #32
merman

merman is an asset to this community

OK, I DO agree that probably nothing is as tasteless as Madonna's last offering and I've never heard a Britney album in my whole life, which I'm glad for. As for the comparison with Exodus, it's true it had sexual content in the lyrics, but I found it to be written more cleverly. Everyone criticized it as having dumb lyrics which I didn't find that catastrophic, frankly (even though they're not up to par with her Japanese ones), now a lot of people say that the new album has playful lyrics and whatnot and I actually think the lyrics are dumb... also, because she wants to break out so badly, musically it's really nothing interesting. It's catchy and fun, I'll give it that, but it's not anything you didn't already hear ten thousand times over the past few years.
I think it's possible to write good lyrics about shopping for groceries, so I don't have a problem with sexual lyrics at all, but why I call them slutty is because to me, they have no style and grace to them. Honestly it's pretty disturbing to me how little value sexuality has nowadays when it's just there to sell - I haven't seen the aforementioned Britney video and in a way I'm glad. I'm going off topic, so just let me say things like these are totally degrading to women, IMHO.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote