View Single Post
Old 2007.04.13, 10:29 AM   #23
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

Baishou Ecstacy was only a DVD though, right? I mean ripping the audio from that isn't the same as having it released on a cd. You can't really claim it's re-released material when it was never on an actual album. You heard it ahead of time performed live; most artists do that to see if people will like new songs and just to give them a taste of what they've been writing in the mean time between albums. Also, you need to take into account that not everyone has the money to buy every dvd, single, etc. to have these songs already. We may be familiar with some of the lyrics but the musical arrangements are totally different. The new arrangements of the older songs are pretty different for most of the songs other than Yokushitsu and Poltergeist.

I don't feel like they were just written quickly to cash in on old material; you can definately tell there's some time and thought put into them. I find it's harder to write arrangements that fit lyrics & melodies compared to lyrics & melodies that fit arrangements. I feel like the new arrangements are quite fitting. Once again I feel as though this album is another step in the more mature/refined style. It flows very well and is very focused. Listening to the album without worrying about whether or not I've heard a specific version of a song or not before on a b-side or performed live is pretty pleasant.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote