View Single Post
Old 2013.03.05, 03:02 PM   #65
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I've got quite a few vinyl copies of KSK, but they don't have serial numbers, so there's nothing unique about any of them until I open them or use them (or let their cover art fade from extended exposure to sunlight). Even if they'd been opened, they don't have the blank canvas (like the White Album) for people to scribble on, so a KSK vinyl's only relevant history would be the needle mileage.

The White Album also has the distinction of being older than most of us. At the time when it was released, vinyl was the only collectible format of it. So it wasn't this optional niche product like a KSK vinyl in a world where CDs are already the standard consumer format.

There's no artistic merit to the hoarding I've been doing, while this guy is more akin to a museum curator. I wouldn't go so far as to call him an 'artist', but I do have some respect for what he's doing with his time and money, even though I'm hardly serious about The Beatles at all.