View Single Post
Old 2008.07.01, 05:43 AM   #4
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I just finished watching the DVD. Some of the videos look great, some are so so. Worst of the bunch was Tsumi to Batsu, the blacks in that video were so horribly and grainy. I don't have the other DVDs to contrast them with but I'm assuming that they sacrificed some of the quality so that the later stuff could really look and sound amazing. Mellow and KYNK both look and sound *amazing*. The earlier PV's tend to look a little grainy and very contrasty, whereas the later stuff likes really tight. I'm guessing that they sacrificed those PV's considering they are already on other collections out there at top quality whereas up until now we haven't had a really good version of KYNK or Mellow (I guess that one's obvious). The packaging is fairly nice although the menu leaves a lot to be desired, just one root menu.

It does have a nice feature, for every PV we are treated to Ringo picking up the single, opening it, placing it into a Mac, and then the title shows up, shakes, and then spins down like it was on a cd being loaded. While taking the cd out and putting it, Ringo is making cute sound effects like when she snaps the cd out. The other cool thing is she starts off with a really really old mac and works her way up to a video ipod/iphone for Mellow, haha. Interesting to note that every single they use is first press with the exceptions of Gibbs and Tsumi to Batsu....
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote