View Single Post
Old 2019.04.14, 07:43 AM   #5
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
^While I appreciate your input. I must say that you overlooked the fact that some girls enjoy being touched by strange men or vice versa...

You just need experience, good judgement of character, and find the right person. If she's not interested, she would either move away, put her bag between me and her, or tell me not to do it, and I wouldn't persist. In my case, it's obviously a fun encounter between two consenting adults who just met.
1) That's not how consent works (see @1:16).

2) "She wanted it" is never a justification for touching or groping someone - and even if that's someone's fetish or whatever those assumptions lead down a dangerous path.

3) It sounds like you've never listened to women describe their experiences with street harassment or other forms of harassment. From the sheer amount of men who share your mindset to the power dynamic that's inherent in male-dominated spaces, harassment can be a scary thing for women/minorities. And that includes rebuffing a harasser.

4) Especially at concerts - it's a bigger problem than you think.

I'll stop here so as not to veer too off-topic, but DM me if you'd like to continue the convo.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote