View Single Post
Old 2009.12.28, 02:07 PM   #35
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
these are all albums which have shaped my last 10 years. not necessarily the best or highest level of art, but the ones that really formed a soundtrack to my life and shaped my experience, gave me tools to interpret my reality, so they are all very important to me.
Yeah, I agree. That was why I picked mine too, they all formed a soundtrack for me in some way, even though they may not be the elitest music.

As for "Under the Blacklight," yeah, it really is my favorite Rilo Kiley album I think. I like all the others but that one just has the MOST songs that I like on it, that I don't have to skip. For the others there are a considerable amount of songs I skip. I tried to conceive my list choices in terms of "albums that have the most songs I like at once on them" and for some artists, like Shakira, that meant I couldn't pick one album as the 'best' because the ratio of songs I skip to songs I love wasn't balanced.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote