View Single Post
Old 2008.09.17, 07:32 PM   #62
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I'm glad Shiina went back to solo shows, killed Jihen, got rid of the duck lips, slapped the mole back on, told Kameda to get fat again, called up Uncle Fester and Ponytail-guy (and he whom shall remain nameless but will harbor almost every male EMFers jealousy.) I think this is a positive career move for Shiina!

If I had to make a criticism it's that half the songs are straight out of GX. I'm not sure why anyone thinks Identity is remarkable here, its exactly as I recall it from GX but with a costume change -- not to say its bad. Byousho Public, tho the same arrangement, I somehow like more here. I dunno.

If half the dvd is straight from GX, its 100% forgivable because the half thats not is flippin amazing. Yokushitsu is why you bought the dvd. Even if you think the song is groosly overrated such as myself. My Luxury Night is what Jihen wet-dreams about doing. Stocism is inspired. Tsumiki Asobi is great (tho, they end it the same as from GX which somehow dissapoints me.) The one thing I'm kinda surprised about is that I wasn't totally blown outta my seat with Shoujo Robot...maybe the songs just not that good and thats why she pawned it to begin with? Its better here than anytime she might have performed it in the future (past tence, talking about the future. How cool!) but I'm still sorta wondering why I'm not winded like Tsumiki or Identity.

All in all, best non original-Tokyo Jihen live DVD.

...ok I lied, you didnt buy it for Yokushitsu. You bought it to see her jump around like she really loves this fucking song. THATS what I wanna see Shiina!!

Jihad so positive?? What fresh hell is this??!