View Single Post
Old 2013.09.12, 10:19 PM   #28
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
works out CHEAPEST with Amazon I figured. Even with their expensive shipping. They have it currently listed for over 5,000 yen less than everywhere else!
HMV had a multi-buy price of 21000yen just a day or two ago, but that disappeared. It will probably resurface before the release date, though. The comeback won't be specific to Shiina Ringo releases - I've noticed that multi-buy opportunities come and go in waves, throughout HMV overall.

Also, I didn't have the greatest experience trying to receive the Towa Tei LP from Amazon, ever since they switched from FedEx to DHL. I'd rather have EMS (the only shipping method offered by HMV) even if it's officially a little bit slower, because at least they remember where I live and won't delay the shipment a whole extra week or two.

HMV has been infamously unreliable about predicting the shipping costs, but that's mainly been with LPs (when HF and SS turned out to be doubles). I haven't had any other problems with them. HMV's EMS isn't the most cost-effective for large shipments compared to CD Japan's FedEx, but HMV's base prices on videos and/or limited editions are often so much lower, that HMV is still cheaper overall. As a semi-poor person, I only use CD Japan to get first-pressings. If I had more money than patience, I'd use CD Japan for everything, since their FedEx is the fastest shipping anybody offers. Since it's not EMI's style to have a first-pressing among a limited edition, you usually have nothing to lose (as an elite collector) by purchasing EMI limited editions from HMV. It's the releases which only have regular editions, where you'd be taking a risk if you preordered with HMV.

Since even the upcoming CDs have limited editions (and all the videos are limited), I'm assuming there's no first-press among that whole batch of releases.