View Single Post
Old 2014.05.18, 09:30 AM   #175
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
What is this sentence
LOL

Scribble, it isn't a reductive cliche, it is my opinion and based on the fact that that is largely when I fell out of sorts with her. Now you could argue that because I stopped paying attention roughly around the time of Ultra C that I missed reading between the lines - I don't ask Ringo to be groundbreaking, I ask that she stop putting out repetitive trash. Unlike some of what I heard from the last part of Jihen's work, this at least sounds fresh.

Inseu, she isn't using the same approach here. For SG she wrote that music for herself and when it came time to publishing (as requested from fans at her anniversary show to have another solo album), she invited different collaborators and the end result was varied. Go to kronekodow and look up this new album and what you will see is they are giving the arrangers themselves double billing - they are publicizing this album as much on the guest arrangers and the original artists Ringo gave this to, as much as they are Ringo herself. Therefore in my opinion this is a different approach. As I said, the final result is more like a Picasso of Ringo - its strange and unlike her but fresh and exciting.

I consider Jihen part of Ringo's canon, but different (just as you wouldn't judge Wings to the Beatles etc).

If you don't see the difference in the songs Ringo has written for herself vs others then I feel sorry for you. Think of the worst of the worst from Ringo's core 4 albums (you can even include HF if you want) and then compare that to the work she has given to any of these other artists.

And before I recede back to lurker status, I'll point out that none of this matters anyways. Ringo has been around for almost two decades and like any artist worth their salt has built a catalogue of diverse music that appeals to a variety of fans. We in this forum will never agree on parts of her music but I clearly have stirred the pot here and want to make sure my part in airing my own opinion is not twisted to serve someone else's fantasy.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote